Wednesday, March 12, 2014

From Our House to Your House

I think I need help. I have a really neat die that has been in my drawer for maybe a year, and today was the first day I took it out and used it. I see something that is so neat and just have to have it. Then I get it and it goes into the die drawer and I forget about it; but I still keep on ordering goodies.

Well, today this cute little door die from Cheery Lynn got used. It came with a screen door piece, but that did not seem appropriate for a Christmas card, because, unless you live in a warm climate, you don't have your screen door open at Christmas time...  So, I backed it with another piece of the same color and it looked more like a front door. The red was not as vibrant as I had hoped, so I spray painted it. The doorknob is a brass brad.

I saw this cute little wreath on someone's blog one day and thought it would be  fun to replicate. Wish I could tell you whose blog it was, but that was awhile ago, and it would really be hard to find it again. I started out with a ring cut from dark green paper and glued pine sprigs from a Martha Stewart punch around it to make the wreath. A gold three-looped bow tops the wreath.

I wanted a brick background, but all the EFs I own have the bricks going the wrong direction, so I went outside and took a picture of the side of my house and printed it out for the "house" background.  The sentiment is printed from my computer and punched out with a Stampin' Up punch.

Here is the card:


However, the door smashed up against the bricks just did not look right, so I added a door frame beneath the red door and attached the whole of it to the brick background with pop dots. The upper corners of the frame are scored:


I am entering this card in the following challenges ending:

Mar 13 LOC - Use Die Cuts UE
Mar 13 Sister Act Card Challenge - AG UE
Mar 14 Jo's Scrap Shack - AG 3E #2

Mar 15 613 Avenue Create AG UE
Mar 18 Word Art Wednesday - AG 5# #1 
Mar 26 Just Keep on Creating - AG UE
Mar 28 Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Christmas UE

Mar 31 Ladybug Crafts - AG 3E #1
 
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,
Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

10 comments:

  1. That's a LOVELY Christmas card! I think you'll use the die more in your upcoming projects :) The sentiment tag is pretty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this month. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great card, I love the main image and you must be very happy that you at last got to use you die, we are all guilty of buying that must have product and then we end up using it a year later. I love the wreath as well, great to get inspiration from blogs. I love how innovative you have been with the background brick design, what a fantastic idea to take a picture of your wall and use it on your card.

    Thanks so much for sharing this card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I look forward to what you share next :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about collecting dies...I have a similar addiction! Your card is beautiful, and I bet you'll get losts of use out of that die now you've got it out of your collection. Thank you for joining in with us at Left of Center. xxx Keren
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/366516863488820/?bookmark_t=group

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is fabulous! Simple but effective, and I think you're right, i prefer the one with the door frame! What a great idea - and a fabulous die! Thank you so much for joining our Die Cuts challenge at Left of Center this fortnight. Why not link up to our 'Anything Goes' challenge open till 31st March to celebrate our first anniversary! Lots of prizes to be won! Link up here - http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/p/loc-1st-anniversary-challenge-starting.html
    Thanks! mo dt coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ginny - love your door card - made some door cards last year for different holidays they are fun! There is a new Christmas challenge at Completely Christmas - just found out about it this week - it begins on Sat and runs through Friday - hop on over and check it out! Challenge 3 is up today so when you make your next Christmas card you should enter the challenge - enjoy ~ Gail ~
    http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.com/2014/03/completely-christmas-challenge-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I will certainly check it out. I got some new Christmas stamps and dies and already have the wheels turning! :o)

      Big blessings,
      Ginny

      Delete
  7. This is really lovely, Ginny. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge. You are super talented, and I appreciate you sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginny you have some brilliant ideas on this one! Never thought to spray paint paper and taking a pic of the bricks is awesome! Love the result :) Thanks for always playing with us in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugs,
    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat een leuke deur heb je gemaakt als kerstkaart. Mooie, traditionele kleuren heb je gebruikt. Fijn dat je meedoet bij CHCC Extra.

    Groetjes, Renate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)