Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rustic Elegance with Gold - GBCB-001

This week at Joan's Gardens we are challenged to use leaves, fall colors and a tree and/or a bird. Lots of fall colors are inspiring me, and although it is not cooler weather where I live, the hope for that is always in the air.

I used a wonderful Scripture Art piece from Word Art Wednesday that they featured some time back. It is always an encouragement to be reminded what God has in store for us,and how much He loves us.

I used ivory cardstock and put a dark burgundy brown paper on top of that. the next layer is embossed and spray painted with gold paint. Then it is dabbed very subtly with green, brown, red and orange inks. The sentiment is printed with brown ink onto ivory cardstock, then backed with the same burgundy brown paper. Fall colored inks were dabbed on it to give some interest.  Two twigs from my back yard are accented with a twine bow, punched leaves and a little embossed orange bird. A butterfly finishes the card. The colors in the picture do not show the true golden-ness of the background.  Wish that had come through better.

Here it is:



Close up of the little birdie:


And the bow and butterfly:


Sentiment:



I used these to make the card:

Paper Studio:  A2 Leaves EF
Martha Stewart:  Butterfly Punch, Three-Leaf Punch
Spellbinders:  P5-006 Birds
Pieces of a Branch from My Back Yard
Twine
Gold Spray Paint

These are the challenges where I will be entering this card:

Joan's Gardens:  Leaves, Fall Colors, Tree and/or a Bird
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges - Anything Goes
4 Krafty Girlz Challenge - Anything Goes
Mark's Finest Papers - "G" (my "G" element is "gold")
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Simon Says - Emboss It
613 Avenue - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesdays - Autumn Colors with a Butterfly

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT

GBCB-001


8 comments:

  1. Lovely job. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the image and lovely colors. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at 4 Krafty Girlz. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card, a fabulous design and colour scheme. Your elements are gorgeous and a wonderful sentiment!!

    Thanks so much for joining us ag Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny, Great job on your card. I love how you used twigs from your yard...I think it adds so much. I have really enjoyed using nature on my cards too. Your background is so pretty. But. I know how you feel. as my pictures never seem to do the card justice as it is in real life.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the marvelous fall colors, Ginny, and all those die cuts! Fabulous fall card. Let me say thank you for playing along at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good Luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! Thanks for sharing at Sister Act Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)