Monday, August 12, 2013

Thank You, Beatrix Potter

This week is a vintage scene week, and it was hard to find paper with an actual vintage scene on it, rather than just a redundant old fashioned image repeated every inch or two on the page. I went to my local craft store and found nothing there that was appropriate, so off to the internet I went.

There was this sweet little Beatrix Potter (The Tale of Peter Rabbit, 1902) print from her well known book that seemed just perfect.

Starting with an ivory colored cardstock, a green cardstock was added, then the print of Peter Rabbit. The scene is highlighted with a bit of glitter glue on the carrots and on the little bird; a green raffia ribbon is added, and the sentiment is die cut from Spellbinders S4-324 Ribbon Banners. The card seems very simple, but the endearing little illustration did not need a lot of embellishment, in my opinion.  :o)

Here is the card:


And here is a closeup of the little glittery bird:




I am entering this card at   Word Art Wednesday  and Joan's Gardens.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT   

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage paper Ginny. It makes for a very simple card.
    Thanks for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your card! I love Peter Rabbit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is SO GOOD, and I thank Him and praise Him for you and our other friends of WAW who share their beautiful art each week. Your art is always so pretty, but better yet is how you lift up and praise the name of Jesus through your posts. You are such a blessing and encouragement to me, and I really appreciate that. Hopping around making comments can get long and tedious, but stopping here is always SUCH a blessing. Thanks for all you do to support our challenge blog and share with us. Have an awesome week, Ginny, and may God bless you in a special way!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, you have no idea how precious your posts are. When I see that you have commented on one of my cards, I can't wait to read what you have said. Your words are so uplifting and encouraging. You are such a sweetheart, and you bless me and so many others every time you post on our blogs. God's best to you, dear one!

      Delete
  4. Ginny, your card is adorable. I love Beatrix Potter stories & prints. What I love even more is the way you bring the focus and glory to the Lord. What a blessing that is. Thanks so much for your continued support of Word Art Wednesday. BTW, I agree with your opinion about Karen. Isn't she a sweetheart?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)