Friday, August 30, 2013

Glory to God in the Highest

I wanted to start making Christmas cards a little early this year so that there would not be a time crunch during the already busy Christmas season.

It has been my practice to send Christmas cards that really keep in the spirit of the Reason for the Season. Some of my unchurched friends may never hear the gospel of Jesus Christ and His love for them any other way.

I found this sweet vintage picture online and decided to use it as the front of the card. It had "Merry Christmas" on the upper right hand corner, but I wanted to change that, so I printed out "Glory to God in the Highest" from my computer and used a ribbon die to cut it out. It was too large, so I trimmed it down some.

It doesn't look like it, but the main base is on ivory cardstock, and the picture and sentiment are printed on ivory cardstock, as well. The picture is framed by a die cut and the frame edges are  dabbed with gold glitter glue. The gold bow is added to finish the front of the card.

Here is a picture of the front of the card:



I printed off on the ivory cardstock some inside and back-of-the-card text to make it really special. on the inside top is the Christmas story as we read in the account found in Luke 2. This is the top of the inside of the card:



The bottom inside is stamped with a sentiment that says "Warm wishes for a season of peace, hope and love."


And the back gives a Scripture also, and the "Handmade especially for you by Ginny" part. This was all created with Microsoft Publisher and made doing this part of the card easier:



These are the tools used in making the card:

Spellbinders:  Decorative Labels Eight, Ribbon Labels
Poly Clear Hero Arts:  Heavens Rejoice Stamp
Gold Glitter Glue
Gold Ribbon 
Bow Easy

I am entering this card at Word Art Wednesday.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT   




1 comment:

  1. Hi Ginny - this is a lovely Christmas Card - you can enter any Christmas card or project in Craftyhazelnuts Sept Monthly Challenge - when you make a CC for Sept why not enter it there?- Hazel will have another Christmas challenge in Oct - etc. Her challenge is always anything goes and she has wonderful prizes - I have never won but I always enter my CC there. On the left side of my blog is a list of all the Christmas cards I enter - some are monthly, bi-weekly or weekly - however, all of them do not care how many other challenges you enter. These are the Christmas Challenges I try to enter each time - some have 1 E only but that is OK too - Thought you might want to know about these challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)