Friday, August 23, 2013

Cheerful Birdie Thank You Card GBCB-004

Good morning to all!  God is on His throne, and worthy to be praised!

I wanted to make a cheerful little thank you card using colors I don't usually use--oranges and browns. Normally I gravitate towards reds, purples, cool yellows and blues and don't go to the warm side of the color wheel much. But I had in mind a sweet redhead who has been a long-time friend, and she really deserves a card from her side of the color spectrum.  :o)

I had a doily made from a Spellbinders label die and cut three of the same one that looks like this:



Then they were layered and glued to form a doily:


 After that they were dabbed with yellow ink and sprayed with pink glitter dust spray.

An ivory cardstock was used as a base, then a dark reddish layer, then a peachy polka dot piece. The doily was attached with dimensional stickies. I went through some little cut outs I had purchased in a package at a craft store and found a cute little birdie and some dogwood flowers and attached them with dimensional stickies, as well. Glitter glue was put on the breast of the bird and on the flowers both on the petals and in the center of each one.



A sprig of golden floral filler was added and then the gold and mesh bow. On top of the bow is a die cut word, "thanks."

Here is the card:



Here is a close up of the bow:



These are the tools used to make the card:

Spellbinder's:  S5-128
Memory Box:  Thanks
Bird Cut Out
Gold Glittery Ribbon
Dimensional Stickies
Floral Filler
Bow Easy

I am entering this card at Word Art Wednesday, Love to Scrap (Ribbon, Sentiment and Flowers) and Crafty Ribbons.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

Many rich blessings,

Ginny B.

Romans 10:9-11
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny

    I'm a first time visitor to your blog. I saw your card at the WAW linky. This card is absolutely lovely! I love the way you've arranged the die cuts to make a doily. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever design thanks for sharing it with us at crafty ribbons
    P x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)