Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lots of Dimension

I am back this week eager to make a nice card to enter into the challenge at Joan's Gardens.

Last week I did not enter because we made our way to Hawaii to see our new grandson. Our daughter and her husband live there, and we just had to go see the little fella.  What a sweet honey he is!  We are back now and I already miss him.  :o)

In addition to enjoying him, we also had some great Hawaiian food. Yum!  So, starting tomorrow, I will start back walking for 30 minutes in the morning and trying some self discipline (that's so hard!) in my diet.

But I digress...

I want to work on this week's challenge from Joan.  Here are the guidelines:






  •  Use a doily
  •  Have three dimensional flowers with greenery
  •  Use a Floral Design Paper 


  • I made this card for a friend who was having a birthday who is a member of the church where I used to be the worship leader. I started out with a packaged green cardstock--the kind that comes in a box with a lot of different colors or designs that you can get at the craft store.  I don't really have any dies that are in the shape of a doily, so I improvised and used some Spellbinders dies that were really meant to be used to stamp a sentiment on; I cut four of this die from pink paper that went well with the flowered background paper, and arranged them on top of each other to form a circle with a doily-like edge. Some pink and blue punched layered flowers were added, and a yellow center was glued into the middle of each one, then a colored rhinestone in the center of each flower. They were glued onto the "doily" and some greenery was added. I had a Pippi butterfly glued on, but it was so delicate that it seemed to get lost in the layout, so I added a blue punched smaller butterfly on top of it. It still looked a little plain, so I punched another one out and put some glitter glue on it and pasted it on top of the second one, making a three-layered butterfly.  Another tiny yellow/gold glitter butterfly is glued to the right top of the card. The sentiment is stamped and die cut in a ribbon banner shape and put into the middle of the layout with dimensional stickies.


    Here is the card:


    The picture below shows the three-layered  butterfly in detail:



    And this is another view showing the dimensionality of the elements:





    And here are the tools used to make the card:

    • Spellbinders:  S5-031 used to make the "doily;" S4-324 Ribbon Banner
    • Our Daily Bread:  Stamp FC510 Hyacinth
    • Martha Stewart:  Leaf Branch Punch; Butterfly Punch
    • Poppy Stamp:  Lorelai Outline Leaf
    • Memory Box:  Pippi Butterfly
    • EK Success:  Blossom Punch
    • Paper Studio:  Daisy Lever Punch
    • Rhinestones
    Items in blue may be purchased at Joan's Gardens.

    I am also entering this card at Word Art Wednesday.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog. I always appreciate your visits. As always, God's highest and best to you today and every day.

    Many rich blessings,

    Ginny B.

    Romans 10:9-11
    If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. NLT 

    4 comments:

    1. Beautiful card Ginny....I think you been to Hawaii and saw all the beautiful colors of flowers. Great job.
      Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for our weekly challenge.
      Joan
      www.atjoansgardens.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ginny,
      This card is so pretty. The colors are alive and those die cuts so airy. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous.
      Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful paper crafts with us today at WAW. We appreciate your participation and love seeing your crafts.
      Blessings,
      Carole Robb Bisson
      Word Art Wednesday

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh, this is just stunning Ginny. It looks like a garden path - just so many gorgeous elements. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this lovely card with us. Hope you're having an extra special week. It's wonderful having you share with us.
      Hugs,
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love the banner - might need this. The card is very special and beautiful.

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)