Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vellum and Flowers

I am still enjoying the challenge this week from Joan's Gardens where we are working with polka dots, vellum and an oval.  I found some pretty paper with a water color-like print on it and cut it out in an oval shape using a Spellbinders die; it is sprayed with gold to add some shimmer, but it doesn't look like it shows up much in the photo.  A light blue narrow ribbon is threaded through part of the filigree work of the oval, and a blue bow is put on top of that.  It is glued down onto a blue and white polka dotted background (oh, how I wish I had thought to attach it with dimensional stickies, but it's too late now!).  So that more of the pretty paper with the flowers would show, I did not do a sentiment on this card.  The vellum is in the butterfly which is cut from Spellbinders Wonderful Wings; it is sprayed with more gold glitter spray and pearls are attached for an embellishment, and attached with a dimensional sticky.  It is all done in soft blues and pastel colors so as not to overpower the light blue background.

Here is the card:


Thank you for stopping by my blog.  God's highest and best to you today and always.

Love,

Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)