Friday, February 15, 2013

Flowery Fence

This week Joan's Gardens is challenging us to make a card that depicts an outdoor scene; it should be a birthday card.

I spent quite a lot of time on this card, making changes along the way.  You know how when you get creative, you just keep going until there is just nothing else you can see to do without going over the top...  This card was like that.






The background is a solid light blue, and on that I heat embossed some white clouds with gold flecks in them.  Glued to that is a green strip at the bottom to resemble green grass.  On top of that is a really cute little fence cut from a Victorian fence die I got at Joan's Gardens.  It is cut from a brown paper lunch bag that can be gotten from any grocery store.

The next thing is the flowers, which were cut from a Cricut cartridge, Straight from the Nest.  The pink blossoms are embellished with pink jewels and iridescent glitter glue.  (I am hopelessly addicted to bling!)  Behind them is the same pattern cut from brownish green patterned paper.  There are two layers of grass at the bottom which were cut from Cricut cartridge Plantain Schoolbook.

To finish it off the Happy Birthday stamp (from Joann's) uses pink ink and is stamped on the same pink paper used for the flower blossoms.  It is dimensionally placed on another piece of coordinating paper with foam stickies, then again using foam stickies, the whole sentiment is stuck onto the blue sky.  I think I will send this to my daughter in Hawaii who has a birthday next month.

God's highest and best for you today and always!


3 comments:

  1. I like your sky-neat! It looks really real. Neat fence an idea too.
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny this is so pretty...it's so spring-y and fresh. Just love it. Those foam stickles are quite amazing on this card. I'm going to Hawaii for MY birthday next month! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny I love your flower garden, so very happy and spring like, makes a wonderful Birthday card.
    Thanks for sharing,
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my card--your encouraging words have made my day! God's most extravagant blessings to you and all those whom you love. :o)